templeman library extension, kent
The scheme provides a 5,200m2 extension to the Templeman Library and refurbishment of Lord Holford’s original building, which was constructed in three phases between 1965 and 1990.
The library’s enduring and pivotal role within the University of Kent Campus is re-emphasised through an enlarged entrance court to the south and significantly improved access from the north. An elongated terrace connects external and internal areas where students can meet, socialise and study. The raised terrace level ties into the main entrance and enables panoramic views towards Canterbury to be better enjoyed.
fabrik were part of the competition winning team led by Penoyre & Prasad, developing the scheme through detailed design to construction.
- templeman library extension, kent
- kent business school and school of msas, kent
- doha college, qatar
- wade deacon high school, cheshire
- westfield student village, london
- long sutton primary school, hampshire
- west sussex batched academies, west sussex
- derby moor community sports college, derbyshire
- columbus school and college, essex
- university of hertfordshire, hertfordshire