university of hertfordshire, hertfordshire
fabrik developed landscape design proposals for the new College Lane campus of the University of Herts. As part of the bidding team, with the architects Fielden Clegg Bradley, we produced a compact village form with distinct character zones within it. The zones are informed by the proposed site structure which includes boulevards, town squares, mews and courts, canals, reed beds and lagoons.
The concept of a village adjacent to the main education campus buildings, where students spend most of their time, promotes a student experience of the highest quality. Stone paving, semi matures trees and sculptural plinth seating around a central hub form the entrance courtyard to the student space. Patterned paving then creates a series of directional routes into other parts of the village.
- templeman library extension, kent
- kent business school and school of msas, kent
- doha college, qatar
- wade deacon high school, cheshire
- westfield student village, london
- long sutton primary school, hampshire
- west sussex batched academies, west sussex
- derby moor community sports college, derbyshire
- columbus school and college, essex
- university of hertfordshire, hertfordshire